2017 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
2017 Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders
February 23, 24, 25, 2017
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Kansas City, Missouri
The Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders fosters professional and family leadership that improves the lives of children and youth with emotional/behavioral disorders or related behavioral challenges. Participants are primarily teachers and related services staff.
The deadline for proposals is June 15.
Online Submission Form
Note: The online submission form will link participants to external website called ProposalSpace. You must have a Proposal Space account and be logged on to respond to a call. There is no cost for an account in ProposalSpace, you may save a draft to work on later or invite others to help you with the proposal. You will receive a confirmation page and email receipt as well as track the submission through the review process.
Alternative submission: Proposals may be submitted mailed to: MSLBD, P.O.Box 202, Hickman, NE 68372; or e-mailed to Presentation@mslbd.org. Download the form for e-mail, mail, or fax (Word/.docx) Mailed submissions must be postmarked no later than June 15.
With an ongoing emphasis on evidence-based practice, the Midwest Symposium invites proposals which:
- demonstrate how the proposed session is based on research-based practices, preferably beyond the basic/introductory level
- identify the target audience
- list outcomes for participants with an emphasis on practical application
The planning committee will also be identifying additional activities to support participant professional development such as identifying web-based resources, annotated bibliographies, or follow-up meetings. As a potential participant, you may be asked to contribute to these or other activities.
It is the policy of the Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders that sessions selected for inclusion in the Symposium program are not to be used for marketing commercially and/or individually produced materials for sale. Proposals that appear to be focused in such a direction will not be accepted. Tables are available for display of such materials outside of our sessions and we encourage the use of that venue for sales purposes.
Information for All Presentation
Only the first presenter will be informed about the acceptance status of the presentation.
One complimentary registration will be provided per presentation - to the first presenter unless otherwise indicated. No travel reimbursement or honorarium will be provided.
- All presenters must register to attend the Symposium. Only those registered by January 10 will be listed in the program.
Breakout presentations run for 60 minutes at various times on Friday of the Symposium.
Breakout Sessions are provided a screen, power cart, podium and podium microphone, we do not provide computers or LCD projectors. Presenters are responsible to provide additional presentation equipment, or you can arrange rental of the additional items you need through the hotel preferred AV provider. Audio sound clips in presentation may require additional equipment rental, please notify Symposium Manager if audio/video clips are part of your presentation.
Submission Deadline: June 15
Notification Date: July 15-31
- Poster Sessions at MSLBD offer a unique opportunity to interact with practitioners in the field. The informal atmosphere is conducive to exploring best practices and enjoying a meaningful conversation, networking opportunities, or just a chance to catch a breath.
- Poster Awards. Members of the MSLBD Poster Committee will be evaluating posters during the session according to the following criteria: quality & clarity, evidence base & rigor, and design. Three posters will be chosen for the award. You may download a copy of the evaluation rubric here.
- Time: Friday afternoon 4:15-5:45, 90 minutes.
- Format: 6 foot skirted tables and corresponding wall space, material can be presented in large poster format attached to the wall above table, multi-page postings attached to the wall, or on a pre-designed presentation board designed to set atop the provided table. Don't forget take away material such as a simple handout, such as strategies, implementation highlights, sample data, or reference material.
- Please let us know in advance if you will need power to run technology to enhance your presentation.
- Cash bar is available as well as complementary hors d'oeuvres
- Submission Deadline: June 15
- Notification Date: August 1
Web Resources for Poster Presentations
Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders
Back to the Top